[squeak-dev] Re: Trunk update error

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 6 16:13:24 UTC 2009

Raymond Asselin wrote:
> When trying to update my trunk image I got problems with StrikeFont
> useUnderscore.
> It seems to me that when a characterToGlyphMap is'nt there StrikeFont
> try to create one with createCharacterToGlyphMap but this does'nt seem
> to happen on my system so code break on 'nil' ....
>
> This is what I understand..may be I'm totaly wrong.

Looks like you've got a font named "Japanese10" loaded and it causes
this problem (it doesn't have a characterToGlyphMap). You can work
around this by doing this:

1) Execute the following before loading updates:

StrikeFont allInstances do:[:font|
   font characterToGlyphMap ifNil:[
     font characterToGlyphMap: (0 to: 256 collect:[:i| i]).
   ].
].

2) Load updates.

3) Execute the following after loading updates:

StrikeFont allInstances do:[:font|
   font maxAscii > 256 ifTrue:[
     font characterToGlyphMap: nil.
   ].
].

This should get you through the updates; a proper fix will have to be
devised. Thanks for reporting the problem!

Cheers,
   -Andreas