[squeak-dev] squeakfest at UCLA next week; bring a child, get in free

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Sat Aug 8 15:08:53 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

We're two days away from the start of Squeakfest USA (http://squeakfest.org
), which is being held at the UCLA Faculty Center from Monday, August
10th to Wednesday, August 12th.  We're excited by the presentations
we've got lined up, including a keynote by Alan Kay.  Presenters will
discuss how they're using Squeak Etoys and OLPC XOs in places like
Nepal, South Korea, Uruguay, Haiti, Nicaragua, the United States, and
more.

We've still got room in our children's workshop, which runs from noon
to two each of the three days.  Kids aged 8 to 12 will use Etoys on
provided XOs, learning to create animations and stories, just like in
the Waveplace pilots.  Best of all, if you bring a child, we'll waive
your registration fee, which is otherwise $125 for the conference.

Take care,
Timothy