[squeak-dev] Re: Morphic Text Improvements

Raymond Asselin asselinraymond at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 8 18:53:16 UTC 2009

Le 09-08-08 à 14:20, Keith Hodges a écrit :

> Raymond Asselin wrote:
>>

>> I think that the Trunk is way cool....
> And I dont
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,
Yes I know your point as I readed everything you wrote about it,
but I must say that I appreciate the interactivity that Trunk give us
with Squeak.
I think we lost that when we put aside BFAV and the capacity to update
Squeak image from
within the image. The possibility you offers to the community with LPF
and Bob
seems to me really interesting and an improvement except that we lost
daily interactivity with squeak fixes (don't know if 'interactivity'
is a good word but hope you get the idea).

For now, I still think there is place for both of these mecanisms, but
we still
have to find how and when and where in our process.
I found very interesting the video about the 'openBSD' model, and
think we must go in that direction.