[squeak-dev] SecureSqueak, UGP (was: Trunk now Toolbuilderized ; -) )

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 21:34:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>
>> Did you use anything from the PlusTools package?
>>
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/PlusTools/
>>

> Wow. No, I didn't know someone had salvaged those (I thought they were lost
> for good). I'll check to see if there's anything worth moving forth or back.
>
> BTW, is any of your work at a point where it might be interesting to a
> larger audience?

Not for a while yet.

I've got some ToolBuilder changes somewhere that allow for drag and drop
between tree components. I needed this for moving namespaces around. I think
they should be on http://www.squeaksource.com/ToolBuilder and IIRC they
should be loadable from Package Universes.

I've made REPLServer (Smallalk telnet server) pretty, with command line
editing, history, online help, but nobody seems to be particularly
interested. I find it useful now and then for when I break Morphic (usually
when I try concurrent programming and forget about process priorities).

Otherwise the rest of my stuff is a long way off. I'm making slow but
constant progress; I find it difficult to get more than a couple of hours a
week on it. I occasionally write about it on
http://securesqueak.blogspot.com/, and I'll announce anything which is
usable by other people.

Gulik.

--