[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.x should adopt Pharo 1.0

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 23:14:57 UTC 2009

> without paying up. As I see it finding a paying client for Bob is the
> only practical way I can think of redeeming anything out of this situation.

And apart from commercial work, I am withdrawing from anything that
doesn't directly pay a bill. When I am flush I may reconsider, but for
now my free time will be spent with my counselling and book writing
projects. I have the board to thank for showing me the error of my ways.

Nevertheless I do think that the squeak community need to re-think this
whole board thing. Plainly voting for an ad hoc group on a yearly basis,
and giving them an unspecified amount of authority to be as
inconsiderate as they want to be, is turning out to be rather a high
risk strategy.

Keith