[squeak-dev] Re: Updating from Squeak3.10.2-trunk.image stops at 'Merging System ar.131'

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 12 05:41:49 UTC 2009

hannes.hirzel wrote:
> The update process stopped . A window came up
>   'Merging System ar.131'
>
> (see screen shot)
>
> Is this the intended behavior? What am I supposed to do at this point?

Yes, unfortunately this is the "intended" behavior. It's caused by the
Monticello bug I was asking about earlier (the issue with reordering
class var names). To proceed, just select the bold entry, hit "keep" (as
you already did in the picture) and then "merge" at the top. The process
will proceed just fine after that.

If you're interested, what you are seeing in this case is what you would
be seeing if you had done local modifications to the image. One of the
nicer things about the trunk is that you *can* update images with local
changes to it (I do this all the time). However, if there are
conflicting changes between what you have and what comes from the server
you need to decide what to do and this dialog comes up. Except that, in
this case it comes up because MC is confused about something that
doesn't actually constitute a change.

Cheers,
   - Andreas