[squeak-dev] Re: Stuck again

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 12 06:15:12 UTC 2009

Alexander Lazarevic' wrote:
> Somehow I'm stuck here. The latest vm that can handle a trunk image
> won't run on my linux notebook and on the WindowXP notebook I get a
> strange behavior. Although the image, changes and sources files are in
> place, the vm keeps telling me, that it can't find the image file?! Is
> it because I "only" have an admin account on that machine? All
> permissions seem to be right.

On Windows, you get this behavior if you have an old VM associated with
the .image extension and then double-click the image. Make sure you have
the 3.11.3 Windows VM and that you drag and drop the image onto that VM.
As for the UUID problem, this seems to be a known issue on some Linux
variants. I recommend removing the UUIDPlugin library if you can (I
don't know if it's built internal or external) and if you can't, comment
out the UUID>>primMakeUUID primitive.

Cheers,
   - Andreas