[squeak-dev] Re: VM section on www.squeak.org / in particular for Debian / Ubuntu

hannes.hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 06:02:10 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> hannes.hirzel wrote:
>> Maybe the whole section on  http://www.squeak.org/Download/ about VMs
>> should just be replaced by one pointer to
>> http://www.squeakvm.org/index.html and that page should be updated
>> accordingly?
>
> Can you make a proposal for the contents of that page? Regardless of
> whether it's on squeak.org or squeakvm.org we'll need some content to
> put there.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Unfortunately not because I am do not know all what is happening on the
Linux and Mac VM side. I just run Squeak on MSWindows and Ubuntu 9.04
and for that the instructions on

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-August/138214.html
and
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-August/138227.html

together with your answers
worked fine yesterday.

Actually the whole thing probably would gain if somebody knowledgeable
would start _deleting_  outdated information (in particular on the wiki)
so that the more important information stands out.

Regards
Hannes