Bug tracking policy (was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Trunk now Toolbuilderized)

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:07:30 UTC 2009

2009/8/14 Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>:

> The real problem in moving squeak forward is a people problem.

You sure got that one right. It's perfectly fine that you are
interested into more planning, documentation, etc. Provided that
people get to do the work. And right now we've seen more and more
people interested in the trunk, or "trunk", and we get immediate
reports on the mailing list. There is a buzz about the "trunk" and
it's refreshing. It's really good to see more activity.

Whether you like it or not, 3.11 process is not exactly an instant
hit. And it's unlikely to be readjusted considering that you are
overlooking the human and social aspects of Squeak.

You are trying to tell us that Andreas is evil and entrapped us into
some twisted process, then you have announced that Bob is closed
source (and unlikely to be otherwise). Are we completely doom or
something?

2009/8/10 Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>:
> p.p.s. Bob is not going to be released as open source, if you would like
> the ability to build your images daily, and run the test suites against
> your deliverables, then please do email me for licensing terms.

Bob is most likely an excellent product. It's perhaps not suitable to
be the pivot point of an open source software and community...

Best regards,
Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/