[squeak-dev] Re: 603 asCharacter <print it>

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 03:49:18 UTC 2009

hannes.hirzel wrote:
> I use the updated Squeak3.10.2-trunk.image as of today.
>
>  603 asCharacter
>
> gives the result as shown in the screenshot. Any suggestions?

The issue was caused by a method which didn't use the proper two-pass
rendering for the new fonts. I've fixed this in the trunk (just update).

However, our new fonts only cover Latin-1 range so using non-latin
characters with it won't work. In order to use non-latin characters you
will have to find a suitable font.

You can do this by hitting Cmd-K (Alt-K) and go to the (equally new)
"More (non-portable) Fonts..." section at the end of the font menu. This
will offer you platform truetype fonts to use which hopefully have the
coverage you are looking for.

Cheers,
   - Andreas