[squeak-dev] Re: 603 asCharacter <print it>

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 18:41:40 UTC 2009

Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> Great, thank you for the quick answer! A thunderstorm this morning has
> just blown up our internet connection and I am writing this in a
> internet cafe. However I want to try this out ASAP.

You're welcome. I just posted another set of fixes for font rendering
but there is one that I can't fix right now. Apparently, BitBlt got
broken and no longer updates the text position after a primDisplayString
call. This leads to problems if you use mixed font rendering. If you
find that the spacing of certain characters seems to be completely wrong
(like printed on top of each other) comment out the BitBlt
primDisplayString primitive to see if that fixes it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas