[squeak-dev] Shout (was: Re: 'color print' option no longer works)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 19:18:58 UTC 2009

The problem appears to be that Eliot has been using Shout for formatting
/ displaying colorized Smalltalk code. Which makes good sense since it
avoids code duplication and gives us more options on customizing the result.

But it does lead to the same question that I raised earlier: Should we
include Shout by default? It is small, it gives us syntax highlighting,
prettty printing and other advantages. I would be propose to trade
services for it to keep the core image small and to the point, but
that's just my opinion.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
   - Andreas