[squeak-dev] [trunk] strange issue on Ubuntu: failed to write image file

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:07:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Derek O'Connell<doconnel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to get a complete strace (using strace -o), but doing that
>> leads to Squeak crashing soon after the world menu comes up. :-(
>
> What does the tail of the strace look like? ...

righto. This time, it crashed after entering the new file name and
hitting enter. The last thing in the trace that looks like Squeak was
doing something is indeed seemingly an ENOSPC that happens while the
changes file (!) is being written.

ENOSPC? OK. Taking another VERY CLOSE look at the output of df -h, it
seems my /home partition is indeed full (before, I had failed to look
at /home and only regarded /) - and this is not a problem of Squeak.
Phew.

Still, I'm in trouble, but with *that* you can't help me. :-P

Thanks for all your advice, and apologies for being blind,

Best,

Michael