[squeak-dev] Problems while compiling Squeak

Rodrigo Flores flores at archlinux-br.org
Tue Aug 18 01:05:57 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm trying to compile Squeak 3.10 [1] from source. But I'm getting this
error [2]. I have seen a work around to fix it, but I would like (as far as
I can) to avoid this approach. Any ideas how to solve that? I didn't see a
Squeak dependence list. What are the dependencies for compiling and running
squeak ?

Thanks in advance

[1] http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/unix-linux/
[2]
/usr/include/stdio.h:397:66: error: macro "dprintf" passed 3 arguments, but
takes just 1
/tmp/Squeak-3.10-1/platforms/unix/vm/debug.c: In function ‘__sq_assert’:
/tmp/Squeak-3.10-1/platforms/unix/vm/debug.c:21: warning: incompatible
implicit declaration of built-in function ‘abort’

--

"A critical section of code is like a bathroom. Only one person is allowed
inside at once.

Iker Gondra, Operating Systems
St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, NS"

Rodrigo L. M. Flores
Computer Science Student - IME - USP
Homepage (en): http://www.rodrigoflores.org
Blog (pt-BR): http://blog.rodrigoflores.org