[squeak-dev] Re: Linux input testers needed

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 18 06:03:37 UTC 2009

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   One primary case is that when the "multi key" style input is used
> (the user holds the "multi" key and hit a key to enter the accent),
> the composition char may not come right after the base char; the user
> could even move the cursor to a non-accented base char and hit the key
> sequence to just enter the composition char.

So you are basically saying that there are input modes where I can
position the cursor at an arbitrary position in the text and then type a
composition character to modify the character at the input position?
Wow. I had no idea ;-) Where is this used?

I guess that means back to the drawing board, but it'll be interesting
to see if the approach works at all for the case in question.

Cheers,
   - Andreas