[squeak-dev] Newbie Question (about OOPs, maybe) (sorry)

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 04:19:21 UTC 2009

When I (for example,) in a workspace, Command-P the text 'morph3874 color:
Color red' and see 'aMorph(2413)', what does the number mean? I'm guessing
it's some kind of object pointer. An OOP perhaps, I've heard people speak of
those? This has been bugging me for a year, and I can't seem to construct a
Google string that finds me an answer to the question. Can I use that number
to find the object in the object memory?
Why I ask:

I'm presently trying to understand...

http://bugs.squeak.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=456

 - Ron the newbie