[squeak-dev] Re: Title bar bug on trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 19 06:40:39 UTC 2009

Ronald Spengler wrote:
> Almost everyone I know who Squeaks uses Polymorph, and I enjoyed the
> heck out of hacking up the Vista style look to have titlebar buttons
> arranged in a fashion after OS X:P
>
> One problem that I kept having was, it seemed that the load order and
> versions of Polymorph & OmniBrowser had to be just right or I'd wind up
> pretty broken. I saw lots of bugginess, although I *was* rolling my own
> theme, so the bugs may have been my own.
>
> Do people feel that Polymorph is generally stable enough to go in a base
> image?

We have to find out. I was asking earlier but I'll ask again: Which
version would one start with to try Polymorph? From which repository?
I'm in particular interested in finding out more about
extensions/overrides and how to eliminate them to make loading painless
and conflict-free for people.

Cheers,
   - Andreas