[squeak-dev] Re: Font sizes and engines was "Title bar bug on trunk"

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Aug 21 09:22:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Ronald Spengler wrote:
> I need bigDisplay for my X-O and my HDTV (I know, maybe I should be ashamed
> for putting these in the same sentence.)
> The X-O actually has a ridiculously high resolution, so the default fonts
> are unusable on it.

The fonts in Etoys 3.0 are big.   If I understand correctly, they need
Pango/Rome/Cairo, so I may be wrong, but I don't think they work on
Windows VMs.

However, IMHO, it would be really great if they were in the default
developer images one day.   Hi - res screens are  increasingly common.

Are the Etoys fonts completely incompatible with the font engines in
trunk and Pharo?

David