[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-edc.60.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Aug 21 11:50:54 UTC 2009

On 21.08.2009, at 13:40, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 8/21/09 7:55 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
>> I'd rather have this governed by a preference, off by default.
>>
>> - Bert
>
> So others could change previous things as menu, fonts, etc which
> cost me
> time to dig and revert, but I can't add a useful feature as all
> knowing
> what's going on?

This is creating files on my disk unasked. I'd simply like a way to
turn it off.

Whether it's on or off by default is debatable. If it was just showing
the log on my screen I'd have it on by default. If it's creating files
I'd have it off by default.

Any opinions?

> And I send this and others to Andreas...
>
> Anyway, I try to learn and keep my work on my own fork from now.

This was not my intention. Making the update process more transparent
is a Good Thing. I didn't implement the update logging for nothing,
you know? ;-)

- Bert -