[squeak-dev] Re: Newbie Question (about OOPs, maybe) (sorry)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sat Aug 22 17:34:34 UTC 2009

> In short:
>
>     * Smalltalk claims to be object oriented and I regard it as a
>       serious flaw that the object ID is not explicitly visible.

In my view, Smalltalk is object oriented: the object is the object is
the object. If an ID was needed, Smalltalk would be Dictionnary
oriented. Precisely because we don't need an ID, objects are first
class. They stand alone and reference one another, they don't need to be
all uniformly referenced by an uber-object.

my 2 cents,

Stef