[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:28:50 UTC 2009

On Monday 24 Aug 2009 3:37:13 am Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I was curious how long it would take the first one to speak up :)
>
> No, I would rather create a squeak-users list for those not interested
> in developing Squeak itself, but just "with" Squeak. IMHO the commits
> messages make the community development process visible, which is a
> Good Thing
I like the commit messages with its diff style patches. it is like any other
poster to this list. But I would hate to handle 100 commit messages in a
single day. As long as the number of postings is kept below a threshold (say
4) a day, it will serve a good purpose.

Is it possible to throttle the rate of posts? Perhaps batch it into daily
digest if it starts exceeding this threshold?

Subbu