[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:36:45 UTC 2009

Hello Nicolas,

What are you doing with any one of these reports once you have read
it? I still think that it should be a daily or weekly digest. Then, if
some people want more thorough reports, it's possible to set up a
mailing list just for that.

There are more than 30 commits message since August, 20th. What it's
gonna be when there will be more and more active developers? There
will be no place for discussions on Squeak dev mailing list because we
are flooded by reports.

I really see this step as a manner to stimulate the community to
contribute. It shouldn't replace opening a Monticello browser and
browse through packages, where you can see the very same descriptions
and full code along side. That's how you can have thorough report
rather than on a mailing list.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/