[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:41:09 UTC 2009

2009/8/24 Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>:
> That would be a great problem to have! Hundreds of commits per day. Wow. All
> the other Squeak distributions would be jealous of the progress we'd be
> making!

Obviously. =)

>> My point isn't really about the value of commit reports but rather the
>> value of commit reports when it comes by truck loads. It's a bit
>> different.
>
> Ok... but they don't come by the truck load just yet. Why worry about it
> until they do?

Here's the thing: there is a lot of laissez-faire already. The image
is messy, the wiki/documentation are messy, and it goes on and on.
We'll fix later sounds like a motto. We certainly cannot step ahead
every problem but we should at least take time to think, if only the
time of a discussion.

2009/8/24 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> How about this -
>
> PROPOSAL: we make the detailed commit notices go to a separate list as soon
> as someone has added a "digest" feature. This would send a daily or weekly
> summary to squeak-dev, containing just the commit summary a link to the
> detailed diffs. Bonus points for listing affected classes.

Sounds good.

Regards,
Ian.
--