[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolsTests-nice.1.mcz

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Aug 24 21:13:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 23:02 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of ToolsTests to project The
> > Trunk:
> > http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolsTests-nice.1.mcz

> > Name: ToolsTests-nice.1
> > Author: nice
> > Time: 24 August 2009, 10:45:58 am
> > UUID: d7b7c74c-656a-444b-baae-28784deca84f
> > Ancestors:
> >
> > Create this package to categorize tests for
> > http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6812
> >
> > This will not be uploaded automatically in the trunk images...
> > ...until a mcm tells to do so if I understand it correctly.
>

> I thought we were going to use the tests repo for tests?
>
> - Bert -

I thought the tests repo was simply an inbox for tests, in fact at one
point I advocated removing it.  Andreas had some argument against that
that I agreed with and can't remember just now.

In any case, I understood that for the time being, tests would live in
trunk along with the rest since we do continue to distribute them with
the image.  Also, during development I would want any developer that
updates his image to get the tests so when he runs the tests he is
getting the benefit of new tests.

Ken