[squeak-dev] Tests repository (Re: The Trunk: ToolsTests-nice.1.mcz)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 25 04:37:00 UTC 2009

Ken Causey wrote:
> I thought the tests repo was simply an inbox for tests, in fact at one
> point I advocated removing it.  Andreas had some argument against that
> that I agreed with and can't remember just now.

I don't recall either. And I think that whatever it was it wasn't right.
It is obviously causing issues already in such that we have
Tools-rkrk.113 in Tests (since it contains some tests for the browser)
and Tools-rkrk.114 (the actual code) in the Inbox. That is clearly not a
desirable situation because not only do we require people to commit code
twice that's being done in the same context, to different repositories,
we also require the integration work to be done twice in different
contexts (i.e., having Collection-foo.xyz inbox and
CollectionTests-foo.xyz in tests).

I'm in favor of merging all of the tests repository into the trunk and
then either delete the repository or remove access to it and put up a
notice that all contributions should go to the inbox.

Cheers,
   - Andreas