[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak VM & Cygwin?

John Chludzinski john.chludzinski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:46:39 UTC 2009

> Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
> Wed Aug 26 20:32:00 UTC 2009
>
> At Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:28:46 -0400,
> John Chludzinski wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't Cygwin allow for greater commonality (than MinGW) within the
code base? ---John

  > In the current code base, do you have any particular pieces in your
> mind where switching to Cygwin would really help to get greater
> commonality?
>
> -- Yoshiki

No I don't.  I've never looked thru the VM source for Win32 calls that could
be POSIX calls.  I just ported a POSIX app (OpenSolaris) to Windows (using
Cygwin 1.7 beta) and was impressed with how remarkably painless that was.
 And being a Smalltalker/Squeaker, when possible, that question came to
mind.  ---John