[squeak-dev] Form asSomethingOrOther

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Aug 27 06:15:56 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Spengler <ron.spengler at gmail.com> writes:

Ronald> I have a Form (for use as a button) that I would like to serialize in
Ronald> a way that allows me to keep it as text in a method. I would like to
Ronald> do this the simplest way possible, optimizing for speed (not space.)
Ronald> Ideally it would look as much like this as possible:
Foo> someIcon
Ronald>     ^ #( ... ) asForm

Ronald> What's the best way to do this?

Maybe "Form class >> #extent:depth:fromArray:offset:" will be of use.

Which is of course what the #storeString returns. :)