[squeak-dev] Status of Tests in trunk

Tim Felgentreff tim at nada1.de
Sun Aug 30 05:17:47 UTC 2009

On 30 Aug 2009, at 05:23, Alexander Lazarević wrote:

>  failure | FontTest                | testFallback

This method apparently a width of the printed character in the failing
assertion, however, on tracing the calls I could only find that the
tested method, displayString:on:from:to:at:kern: always returns the
point
passed to it after the 'at:', so this test seems bound to fail this
way. I don't
know what the meaning of this test is, so I'm not sure what should be
done here.

>  failure | FontTest                | testResetAfterEmphasized

This test seems to assume the StrikeFont>>reset method empties
the array, which it doesn't. Not sure if the test is wrong or the
behaviour
of the reset method.

>  failure | MCSnapshotBrowserTest   | testNoSelection

Similar with this. The test assumes that when you select nothing in the
Snapshot browser an empty string would be displayed, however, it
displays
the package scripts, or '(package defines no scripts)' if there are
none, which
is the case in the test. Again, not sure which side to trust here, I
changed the
test-case and pushed that to the inbox, though.

--
Regards, Tim