[squeak-dev] Re: Status of Tests in trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 06:21:12 UTC 2009

Tim Felgentreff wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2009, at 05:23, Alexander Lazarević wrote:
>
>>  failure | FontTest                | testFallback
>

> This method apparently a width of the printed character in the failing
> assertion, however, on tracing the calls I could only find that the
> tested method, displayString:on:from:to:at:kern: always returns the point
> passed to it after the 'at:', so this test seems bound to fail this way.
> I don't
> know what the meaning of this test is, so I'm not sure what should be
> done here.

The displayString method should return the advance width. That was
broken a while ago in BitBlt (I've pointed this out on vm-dev) but for
now I've added a workaround which fixes this issue (and some related,
very odd issues when looking at binary stuff in the file list).

>>  failure | FontTest                | testResetAfterEmphasized
>
> This test seems to assume the StrikeFont>>reset method empties
> the array, which it doesn't. Not sure if the test is wrong or the behaviour
> of the reset method.

The test hasn't been updated. We now also have non-synthetic derived
fonts that should not be thrown away upon reset. I fixed that.

>>  failure | MCSnapshotBrowserTest   | testNoSelection
>
> Similar with this. The test assumes that when you select nothing in the
> Snapshot browser an empty string would be displayed, however, it displays
> the package scripts, or '(package defines no scripts)' if there are
> none, which
> is the case in the test. Again, not sure which side to trust here, I
> changed the
> test-case and pushed that to the inbox, though.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
   - Andreas