[squeak-dev] Graphical Application Where to Begin?

Cameron Sanders csanders.personal at functional-analyst.com
Mon Aug 31 11:34:24 UTC 2009

It sounds like you want 3d. I read a month ago that there is a simple
OpenGL interface in the works -- but my life is too chaotic right now
(and for the next 2 weeks) so I can't dig through archives to give you
any leads.

Note that you can download free terrain/images from google maps. So
those "texture" maps can be painted right on your 3d surface -- though
perhaps not as simply as my words suggest.

Information on GPS mapping to absolute 3d is easy to finds online --
perhaps this is your area of expertise. Google-maps also documents the
mapping for their projections, if you choose to use them.

As to the Morphic you need to tap the experts. However, if you are
going 3d, check that out first.

Cheers,
Cam