[squeak-dev] All Clear (Re: Hash changes)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 1 05:34:42 UTC 2009

Folks -

The updates went smoothly and I updated an image without problems. Looks
like we're good. Couple of comments:

- I was really impressed by the collection rehashing hack. I had not
seen this before.

- I'm actually thinking that we might want to keep the rehashing utility
with a comment on how to use it. It looks like a really useful tool for
doing this kind of stuff.

- Is there a standard way to deal with dog-slow tests (like searching
all the source code of Squeak, running the decompiler on all methods)?
These few, crazily slow tests make it virtually impossible to "run all
test" after loading each change if you want them to finish in a finite
amount of time. As a consequence I've only run the collection tests.

Cheers,
   - Andreas