[squeak-dev] [Meta] Boolean#asBit discussion. What just happened here?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Dec 5 22:33:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 01:41:31PM -0800, Jerome Peace wrote:

> The original post surprised and confused me. Squeak (and Etoys)
> has had a #asBit message since 2004 (ajh 7/1/2004 timestamp).
>
> The response to the post was amazing. Very knowledgeable squeak
> guru's seriously discussing if it should be added as if it weren't there.

Well that's pretty funny actually. I think I'll bring the topic up
again next April 1 ;)

FWIW, the #asBit method is miscategorized in "printing", and there
are no senders in the trunk image except for a unit test.

So I brought up a SelectorBrowser and entered "true . 1", with the
result "no single method does that function". Is this a bug?

Dave