[squeak-dev] Trunk image size

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Dec 10 17:14:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Squeak 3.10.2-7179-basic is 14M

The latest available (at http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk) image's size is
18.1MB. My clean trunk image which is updated every day is 18.9MB large.
It's still less than 20MB. Also note that there are several scripts that
decrease the image size which are evaluated before a release image is
created. Try running these for example (there are a lot more and we should
clean up ReleaseBuilder too):

ReleaseBuilder >> #prepareReleaseImage
ScriptLoader >> #flushCaches
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 >> cleanUnwantedCs

After these my image's size is 13.6MB.

Levente