[squeak-dev] Image Versions (Re: Trunk image size)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:17:47 UTC 2009

my 2 c.

How about making a monthly release?
- package stuff,
- remove #( 'SMLoader' 'SMBase' 'ScriptLoader' 'Universes' 'Installer' ) blabla

- update the wellcome message
- give a credit to everyone , participated in monthly delta (authors
of updates for last month)
- put image on server , make it publicly available.

- a version number format for those images will be  Squeak
3.x.y-<update number>-mm-yyyy
(don't need days, since it monthly)

As for the major releases, we can decide it in process. Or simply take
already existing monthly image (micro release)
and declare it to be the next minor release.

Edgar, would you be willing to take responsibility for doing that
(once per month)?

Since you are experienced in preparing image for release, it would be
good if we could have an established process and a stuart who
publishing images regularily.
Before that, this was done by Damien Cassou, but it looks like he's
lost interest in making monthly releases (or maybe not?).
And i found it quite helpfull to be able to quickly download most
recent image(s), in case of need , as well as others, i hope.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.