[squeak-dev] Re: Image Versions (Re: Trunk image size)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Dec 12 04:43:12 UTC 2009

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> Ok, what if stop here, modify
> unloadSomeMore
> #( 'SMLoader' 'SMBase' 'ScriptLoader' 'Universes' 'Installer' )
>         do: [:ea | (MCPackage named: ea) unload].
>         self fixObsoleteReferences

Before we start unloading packages we really need to have a little chat
about how to deal with "external" packages and what the default
configuration of Squeak should be. (I owe the board a post on this topic
and I think today is the day where I'm doing that, so stay tuned)

> And nominate Squeak3.11, declare Squeak 3.10.2 closed.

3.10.2 *is* closed for all intents and purposes. Don't confuse the
naming of the current trunk image. It is not meant to imply that it will
be the basis for a 3.10.3 release. It's only meant to imply that this
was the take-off point. (and like I said I'll be happy to switch to 3.11
name in the next build)

> I could do the hard work, submit to Board for quality check.
> Add doing all boring test in Mac, Windows XP and Linuz ASAP .
>
> We have a deal ?

Sorry, I'm not sure what work you are referring to. Can you repeat the
list of steps you're proposing?

Cheers,
   - Andreas