[squeak-dev] Re: The method trailer format

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 21:42:50 UTC 2009

oh.. and as for reserving the patterns.
I thought about providing a single one (where all 64 are almost used up),
to indicate an 'extented' kind in next byte, and so on.

So, i could put it in docs to ensure we won't have any problems in future:

k = 100000 (or some other value, not really matter)
- a byte which follows denotes an extended kind.
Reserved for future use, when, at some moment, there will be no free
patterns left.

I just doubt that we will meet the need in having so much encodings  :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.