[squeak-dev] VMmaker install problem on latest Trunk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 13 02:50:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:22:53AM +0100, Merik Voswinkel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone who recently was able to install VMmaker into Trunk?
> Any tips?
> I tried to load VMmaker 3.8b6 into the latest Squeak3.10.2-
> Trunk-091128 (that I first updated with 'load code updates').. I get
> the error 'Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep'
>
> Background: I would really like to create the latest Trunk and VMmaker
> without any install problems so I can start debugging the simulator.
> The simulator can no longer simulate images later than 3.7 and I need
> it to simulate the Trunk inside the Trunk.

Merik,

Please load the latest version of VMMaker from http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
The 3.8b6 version that you may have gotten from SqueakMap or Universes
is now quite out of date. If you load the latest version from SqueakSource,
then evaluate "VMMaker updateFromServer", you will have the latest VMMaker
along with updates for some other plugins and utilities.

Dave