[squeak-dev] Re: Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-8472-alpha.zip)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Dec 13 10:27:38 UTC 2009

On 12/13/09 8:13 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> i see no problem with that, and i think none of us do. You are welcome
> to do that.
> It will be very useful to see, what of external packages, you think
> worth maintaining, is broken in new micro-release, so we can deal with
> that either by updating that package, or by making trunk changes more
> friendly & compatible.

Ok, It's what I asking for.

For remove packages I stick with the original Ralph vision
See
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5908 Plan for 3.10 iteration 1
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5975 History of the 3.10 release
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5990 Complaints about how 3.10 is going

Etc.

Like before, I wish go slow and safe.
So I ask to take Christmas as dead line to next micro release.

Change

 unloadSomeMore
" ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11 new unloadSomeMore"
#('SMLoader' 'SMBase'  'ScriptLoader' 'Universes' 'Installer'  )
        do: [:ea | (MCPackage named: ea) unload].
        self fixObsoleteReferences

Do this today if Board agree
3.11 have 5 less packages as 3.10 without any risk

As where put the packages.
In squeaksource if his authors care  or any wish maintain

Or...
Create a orphaned repository

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://source.squeak.org/ orphaned'