[squeak-dev] Loading Monticello Packages Programmatically

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Dec 13 17:53:59 UTC 2009

On 12/13/09 2:55 PM, "Jon Hylands" <jon at huv.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So, in my latest robot Roz:
>
> http://www.huv.com/blog/2009/12/roz-walking-fast-and-smooth.html
>
> I'm going to be replacing the current embedded board with a gumstix
> Overo, running Squeak. I do development on a laptop, and then push the
> code changes to the Overo.
>
> The Overo will have wifi, and thus be on my local network. I want to
> push code to it by sending a command (over a socket) to a running
> headless image, and have it load a specific version of code from
> Monticello from a network drive, into the live running image.
>
> Is MczInstaller the proper way to do that?
>
> I can see running something like this on the Overo:
>
> MczInstaller
>   installFileNamed: '/mnt/dns323/monticello/package-name.XXX.mcz'
>
> to do it. Is there a better (or more appropriate) way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

You should download
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight/MinimalMorphic.7246.zip as
the image have the logic for deal with monticello, .sar and more.
See examples of this in http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056
Now MinimalMorphic have the same logic and is 7.3 mb
It's full 3.10 compatible and with help of all I hope in the future become
3.11 compatible.

Edgar