[squeak-dev] A 1 million bucks question :)

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:27:25 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 04:33:26 pm Germán Arduino wrote:
> As, on my case, .sh don't worked, I used the binaries, as is your
> first question.
What exactly was the error and which distro did you face this problem?

All that the sh script does is to ask for a path and extract the binaries into
that path. You no longer need to lash yourself to a fixed location.

BTW, bin/squeak is for running a given image. bin/squeak.sh will pop up a file
manager dialog to choose an image file. if you are using KDE, you need to fix a
typo to get the native dialog:

  sed -i -e 's/xkdialog/kdialog/' bin/squeak.sh

Subbu