[squeak-dev] Re: Unix updates

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 16 14:20:08 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> And then what?

How the heck do I know? ;-) But you are sounding self-contradicting
here. This discussion started with you pointing out that you wouldn't
expect to find anything current in the package management system of
choice. As a consequence I've been trying to find some ways by which we
could get users the information that there's something more up to date.
But now you're saying leave it to the distro maintainers? Isn't that
directly contradicting your initial statement? If we assume that the
packages are generally current, then there's no point whatsoever to this
entire discussion (which started by Igor pointing out that current
packages are *not* current).

Confused,
   - Andreas