[squeak-dev] The boundary between 3.10 and 3.11

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Dec 16 21:26:59 UTC 2009

Squeak Board Members:

Now seems the idea of 3.11 alpha is accepted.
But remains some questions.

I wish we could have some .cs in the updates folder as we have in previous
Squeaks and mark the end of 3.10 and the begin of 3.11 on the point when
this technique don¹t work.

I clarify:
Taking a first Squeak 3.10.2 trunk , without any added and doing Andreas
technique  I have the attached .cs.
If you have Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image as starting point and in the same
folder have a folder named ³updates², could hit Utilities
applyUpdatesFromDisk. From the ³do² menu.

And you see 7216 don¹ complete the load raising a debugger.

So I tell this is the boundary.
We should have a 7216advance3dot10final , closing the 3.10 version and
7217Start3dot11WithTrunk

Why?

Because if not have this clear, we have the odd case of a version which
could not load his own things, like the .pr files

I like Squeak Board Members opinion about this.

Edgar

P.S. I must remove the attached .cs or my mail don¹t  got the list
------ End of Forwarded Message