[squeak-dev] Re: The boundary between 3.10 and 3.11

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 17 14:57:47 UTC 2009

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> Taking a first Squeak 3.10.2 trunk , without any added and doing Andreas
> technique  I have the attached .cs.

It looks like you ended up not sending them. Can you email me these
change sets privately or put them in a place for download?

> If you have Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image as starting point and in the
> same folder have a folder named “updates”, could hit Utilities
> applyUpdatesFromDisk. From the “do” menu.
>
> And you see 7216 don’ complete the load raising a debugger.
>
> So I tell this is the boundary.
> We should have a 7216advance3dot10final , closing the 3.10 version and
> 7217Start3dot11WithTrunk
>
> Why?
>
> Because if not have this clear, we have the odd case of a version which
> could not load his own things, like the .pr files

I'm not sure what 7216 is - possibly closure related stuff? If so, that
sounds like a good boundary. If not, allow me to have a look first to
see if we can address the problem.

Cheers,
   - Andreas