[squeak-dev] Preamble mess

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 23:17:51 UTC 2009

Can someone justify why the first sentence would be needed at all:
    file position: (0 max: position-150).
    preamble := method getPreambleFrom: file at: (0 max: position - 3).

in ChangeSet>>#scanVersionsOf:class:meta:category:selector:
and in VersionsBrowser>>#scanVersionsOf:class:meta:category:selector:

My guess is no-one given that the first thing #getPreamble:at: will do
with the file is
    file position: (0 max: position - 3).

Just the kind of code I spend too many time on, trying to figure what
I did not understand when there is nothing to understand but code is
dead...
While at it, also explain me why so much code is duplicated in Squeak ;)

End of rant :)

Nicolas