[squeak-dev] failing to load code updated on Kernel-ar.337

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:02:15 UTC 2009

After dealing with the issues of yesterday of updating the image, my #8510
don't update anymore (sometimes I got the well know EOCD error but now
the following):

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>readStream
23 December 2009 8:01:16.032 am

VM: Win32 - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.11alpha [latest update: #8510]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir C:\gsa\Squeak\3.11
Trusted Dir C:\gsa\Squeak\3.11\GArduino
Untrusted Dir C:\Users\garduino\Documents\My Squeak

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #readStream
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	readStream
		exception: 	MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>readStream
		resumeValue: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
nil
MCScanner class>>scanTokens:
	Receiver: MCScanner
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aString: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		superclass: 	Object
		methodDict: 	a MethodDictionary(#next->(MCScanner>>#next "a
CompiledMethod(1665)...etc...
		format: 	132
		instanceVariables: 	#('stream')
		organization: 	('as yet unclassified' next nextArray nextString
nextSymbol strea...etc...
		subclasses: 	nil
		name: 	#MCScanner
		classPool: 	nil
		sharedPools: 	nil
		environment: 	Smalltalk "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
		category: 	#'Monticello-Chunk Format'
		traitComposition: 	nil
		localSelectors: 	nil

MCMcdReader(MCMczReader)>>parseMember:
	Receiver: a MCMcdReader
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		fileName: 	'package'
		tokens: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		stream: 	a RWBinaryOrTextStream #[60 33 68 79 67 84 89 80 69 32 72
84 77 76 32 8...etc...
		package: 	nil
		info: 	nil
		definitions: 	nil
		dependencies: 	nil
		stepChildren: 	nil
		zip: 	a ZipArchive
		infoCache: 	nil
		baseInfo: 	nil
		patch: 	nil

MCMcdReader(MCMczReader)>>loadPackage
	Receiver: a MCMcdReader
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		dict: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		stream: 	a RWBinaryOrTextStream #[60 33 68 79 67 84 89 80 69 32 72
84 77 76 32 8...etc...
		package: 	nil
		info: 	nil
		definitions: 	nil
		dependencies: 	nil
		stepChildren: 	nil
		zip: 	a ZipArchive
		infoCache: 	nil
		baseInfo: 	nil
		patch: 	nil

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #readStream
MCScanner class>>scanTokens:
MCMcdReader(MCMczReader)>>parseMember:
MCMcdReader(MCMczReader)>>loadPackage
MCMcdReader(MCVersionReader)>>package
MCMcdReader>>basicVersion
MCMcdReader(MCVersionReader)>>version
[] in MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
BlockClosure>>valueWithPossibleArgs:
MCMcdReader(ProtoObject)>>ifNotNil:
MCHttpRepository>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
[] in MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionFromFileNamed:
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionFromFileNamed:
MCConfiguration>>versionNamed:for:from:
[] in MCConfiguration>>depsSatisfying:versionDo:displayingProgress:
[] in [] in OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexDo:
[] in OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
[] in [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
MCConfiguration>>depsSatisfying:versionDo:displayingProgress:
MCConfiguration>>upgrade
[] in [] in [] in MCMcmUpdater class>>updateFromRepositories:
[] in [] in SortedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
SortedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexDo:
[] in SortedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
[] in [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
...etc...