[squeak-dev] Re: What are MethodDictionary faults?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 23 14:24:19 UTC 2009

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> That's true. But it I understood correctly, not even in that case the
> recover will work. Because the recover will search the methodDict in the
> category (organization). So, if I just set a nil to the methodDict using
> #instVarAt:put:  but I don't "backup" the methodDic in the category, the
> recover won't work.
>
> I am right ?

That's correct. Small meta note: I don't like playing "20 questions"
very much. If you have a theory or want to verify something it's better
to post your theory and have people comment on it. Posting one question
to get a yes/no, then posting another one to get a yes/no tires me very
quickly :-) See also the always appropriate essay from Eric Raymond:

Cheers,
   - Andreas