[squeak-dev] Tweak (Re: NanoTraits are go)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 30 16:46:16 UTC 2009

Karl Ramberg wrote:
> How about Tweak and NanoTraits ?

The problem with Tweak was more the obfuscation of the compiler
interface by traits (i.e., the use of traits in Behavior and friends).
Fortunately, Eliot took care of the problem earlier when he merged the
various compilers. I haven't announced this yet (since it's not
complete) but I've done a maintenance release of Tweak on Squeaksource.
To install, fetch a recent trunk image (I've used
http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak3.11-8472-alpha.zip),and execute:

MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
     'http://squeaksource.com/TweakCore'
).

CProjectMorph open: CSampleApp.

This is the bare minimum and fairly close to what we use in our
products. The second part includes all the scripting and project builder
bits (I apologize for the error handler, I still need to fix that):

[MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
     'http://squeaksource.com/TweakExtras'
)] on: CUnsynchronizedModification do:[:ex| ex resume].

CProjectMorph open: CProjectBuilder.

You'll find that in the extras there are still various things broken
that I haven't looked at yet.

Cheers,
   - Andreas