[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Kernel-ar.350.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 31 15:06:20 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> + ----- Method: Behavior>>basicAddTraitSelector:withMethod: (in
> category 'traits') -----
> + basicAddTraitSelector: aSymbol withMethod: aCompiledMethod
> +       "Add aMethod with selector aSymbol to my
> +       methodDict. aMethod must not be defined locally.
> +       Note that I am overridden by ClassDescription
> +       to do a recompilation of the method if it has supersends."
> +
> +       self assert: [(self includesLocalSelector: aSymbol) not].
> +       self ensureLocalSelectors.
> +       self basicAddSelector: aSymbol withMethod: aCompiledMethod.!
>

> this should be fixed.

Long gone :-) You were only seeing this due to the flattening implicit
in the conversion. To avoid conflicts in later updates I had to ensure
that MC would find this method as a valid ancestor and that's why stage
2 consisted of temporarily pushing the flattened versions back. Just a
bit of MC hackery :-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas