[squeak-dev] Trivial questions?

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 20:09:22 UTC 2009

If you're a Rails developer and you're talking about "Data Migration,"
I'd guess your talking about database management with ActiveRecord?
So, ActiveRecord (in the context of Ruby) in an implementation of a
design pattern of the same name. ActiveRecord is an ORM, so maybe you
should have a look at Glorp (which is also an ORM, but for Smalltalk.)

Also, you should give Magma a try too. I played around with it over a
weekend, and was nearly convinced that I'd rather never deal with SQL
or ORMs every again. Nearly:) Anyway, most of the time you won't need
a database until your app needs to scale past a demo, because you can
just use image based persistence when developing.

Hopefully some of that helps.

--
Ron