[squeak-dev] Using Multiple Microphones

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Feb 7 16:51:09 UTC 2009

Hello Martin,

MB> I try to use the input of multiple microphones (four) in a squeak application.
MB> I already asked this question on the German list and got the reply that it won't work.
MB> Does anybody has an idea for a workaround? Squeak might not
MB> really be the best language for my project, but as soon as I have
MB> the sound signal, squeak is perfect for my needs.

just curious, which language would you use to capture 4 channels?
Squeak can do two channels as I wrote on the German list and I guess
every other language also would have to link into some dll to get
audio input from non standard pc sound hardware.

This could be done via FFI likewise. IMHO Squeak linux has an alsa
plugin a driver which is supported by modern multichannel soundcards.

Cheers,

Herbert